|Initial Screening Date:||Open Until Filled|
Job title: Adjunct- Music
Division: Arts, Communications & Humanities
Reports to: Dean of Arts, Communications & Humanities
Position type: Adjunct Faulty
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary purpose of this job is to teach either applied percussion or applied trombone lessons at any Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) location. If available and appropriate, other music courses may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all class sessions according to schedule.
- Provide instruction, activities, assignments, and assessments to adequately cover all Student Learning Objectives for the specific course(s) taught.
- Use teaching methods that emphasize application, cooperation and collaboration and engage students actively in their studies, encouraging them to become independent learners with higher-order thinking skills.
- Organize and explain content using methods which are appropriate to students with differing abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experience.
- Assign and provide feedback for in- and out-of-class work; monitor student progress.
- Perform adequate assessment and analysis of assessment according to college requirements.
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of one's own pedagogy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- Master’s degree in Music, or a Master’s degree in another area with 18 credit hours of graduate Music coursework.
- Teaching experience with a diverse population.
- Extensive performance experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- Teaching experience in an open enrollment, urban community college.
- Experience with a Learning Management System such as Blackboard.
- Experience in learner-centered pedagogy.
SALARY RANGE: $783 per credit hour.
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin April 22, 2019, the position will be open until filled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Visit WWW.KCKCC.EDU and click on JOBS for a list of available positions.
- Applicants are to thoroughly complete the online application (do not reference resume) and attach the required transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. If applicable, official transcripts for all the degree(s) awarded must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of the first day of employment.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required. Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.