|Title:||Part-Time Temporary- Team Leader for Kids on Campus|
|Department:||Adult and Continuing Education|
|Initial Screening Date:||Open Until filled|
Division: Career and Technology Education
Department: Adult and Continuing Education
Job title: Team Leader for Kids on Campus
Reports to: Director and Assistant Director, Kids on Campus
Supervises: Participants on Team
Position type: Part-Time Temporary
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports directly to the Director and Assistant Director. The Team Leader is directly responsible for his/her group in the Kids on Campus program. He/she will supervise his/her group at all times during the program. This includes a variety of sports, along with weekly camp themes: Arts and Culture, STEM and Technology/Coding, Construction and Manufacturing, Human Services/Hospitality Management, Environmental/Animal Health/Ag/Horticulture, and Architecture/Engineering. This single posting will be used to fill 12 Part-Time temporary- Team Leader for Kids on Campus positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all orientation and staff meetings.
- Shall have ultimate responsibility of camp participants at all times, including arrival and departure.
- Supervise team in all activities and movement from one activity site to the other.
- Assist the sports professionals and classroom instructors on site with their activities.
- Supervise team during meals.
- Keep accurate daily attendance records of all team members and submit daily reports each morning.
- Assist with parent and participant orientation.
- Report promptly to the Assistant Director any difficult situations which may arise with participants. (Team Leaders are to handle minimal discipline problems and refer more serious problems to the Assistant Director.)
- Assist with the supervision of participants during special events/and or field trips.
- Take safety precautions at all times and report all accidents to the Camp Nurse.
- Display an attitude conducive to positive group interaction among all participants.
- Build team unity, spirit, identity, organization and loyalty.
- Knowledge and ability to play a variety of sports, along with swimming and water safety.
- Must possess high energy level and be creative and enthusiastic.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Wear Kids on Campus staff shirt daily with appropriate sportswear.
- Be responsible for the equipment and water distribution and collection each day.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Two (2) years of experience working with youth.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear motor vehicle record.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- College coursework and/or Associates’ in Child Development, Education, Physical Education, Math, Science or a related field.
SALARY RANGE: $11.57 per hour.
WORK SCHEDULE: Camp Operation Schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, and the position will be open until filled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: [List any additional physical demands if applicable] While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Visit WWW.KCKCC.EDU and click on JOBS for a list of available positions.
- Applicants are to thoroughly complete the online application (do not reference resume) and attach the required transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. If applicable, official transcripts for all the degree(s) awarded must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of the first day of employment.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring supervisor.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required. Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.