PART-TIME LIFEGUARD and WELLNESS & FITNESS CENTER STAFF
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
Encourages applications from minorities
Reports directly to the Director of the Wellness and Fitness and/or Exercise Science Coordinator, the Part-Time Lifeguard/Wellness & Fitness Center Staff shall be responsible for:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet each participant with a welcoming smile
- Promote public relation for the college
- Log-in and log-out of members via computer check-in system
- Signing up new students for the wellness courses
- Answering general questions about the wellness program
- Maintains checkout of towels
- Performing clerical work
- Answer telephone and take messages
- Schedule appointments
- Follow up with members who missed appointments
- Ensure that exercise equipment is safe and clean and in proper working condition
- Loading washer and dryer when towels require cleaning
- Controlling the TV/VCR and stereo system
- Provide lifeguard coverage for the aquatic classes
- Insuring safety of all members in the Wellness & Fitness Center and pool area
- Data base entry of Wellness members
- Assisting with computer log-in and data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have exceptional human relation skills
- Must be a self-starter and have an outgoing and dynamic personality
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once
- Must be punctual and willing to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Visual ability sufficient to monitor swimmers
- Physical ability sufficient to perform lifesaving techniques if needed
FLSA: Non - Exempt
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- CPR certification required
- Must currently be lifeguard certified or able to re-certifiy
SALARY: $11.26/per hour - (approximately 20 hours per week)
PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEWS MAY BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION, WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.