ADMISSIONS RECRUITING COORDINATOR
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Admissions and First Year Experience, the Admissions Coordinator shall represent KCKCC both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. The Admissions Coordinator plans and implements recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories, including travel to distant sites in the state of Kansas and nationally. The Admissions Coordinator manages ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors. Providing one-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations is an important responsibility of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit middle schools, high schools, and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote outreach activities within assigned territory including travel to distant sites in the state of Kansas and nationally.
- Manage and coordinate community workshops, retreats, and recruitment efforts; arrange visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serve independently as the point person for internal coordination of college student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Coordinate and implement various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for territorial or local on-site admission programs and special events relating to targeted freshman, transfer, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts.
- Provide academic advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the college regarding KCKCC’s educational programs and degrees.
- Serve independently as territorial manager to develop and maintain partnerships between the college and local school systems throughout the assigned territory.
- Organize and implement all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials.
- Prepare reports and proposals, and respond to inquiries from students and agencies.
- Create, package, monitor, and distribute resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs.
- Assist with timely and accurate application processing from the console and online mapping to ensure efficiency.
- Assist with day, evening and weekend advising, enrollment and registration activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate College Days and campus visits.
- Consult with College Relations on designing and layout of admissions marketing materials.
- Assisting with planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of admission programming.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires frequent travel and must be able to work evening and weekend hours when required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a computer in areas such as Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Strong public speaking skills, good oral and written communications skills and the ability to provide high attention to customer service.
- Superior interpersonal skills which facilitate working with individuals of various abilities and capabilities, from various ethnic cultural and age groups.
- Prefer an individual with a commitment to community college education and one or two years experience.
- Must have enthusiasm, creativity and a commitment to working cooperatively.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of a web-based student information system – DATATEL preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License – Must be willing to travel and work evening and weekend hours when required.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience with Title IX preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
- Visual ability sufficient to operate computer and office equipment.
- Hearing ability sufficient to answer telephone and assist patrons of the College.
- Must be physically able to lift light loads and stand for extended periods of time.
SALARY: $37,000 - $42,000 annually
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.