Coordinator of Community Education
|Title:||Coordinator of Community Education|
|Division:||Business & Continuing Education|
COORDINATOR OF COMMUNITY EDUCATION
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
The Coordinator of Community Education is responsible for providing educational opportunities and services to include scheduling classes, workshops, and seminars for the Continuing Education and Community Services Department in the Business and Continuing Education Division. The coordinator will also be responsible for the development and coordination of all aspects of youth and senior citizen programming in the college’s service areas of Wyandotte and Leavenworth Counties. The Coordinator will be responsible for exploring and implementing new programs or classes that fill community needs and requests. The Coordinator will report to the Director of Continuing Education and Community Services and participate as a team member in the Department and Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules non-credit classes, workshops, and seminars for the Community Education Department and maintains functions necessary for the implementation of those programs.
- Researches new courses and classes and the feasibility of offering them at KCKCC.
- Develops brochures, flyers, and marketing materials.
- Develops social media marketing.
- Develops and implements special projects.
- Implements new courses and classes that have been researched and targeted for KCKCC through such means as surveys, national trends, and community requests.
- Maintains records and reports of all community education programs and provides these documents to the Director of Continuing Education and Community Services .
- Attends appropriate conferences, seminars, and workshops to keep current with latest trends and quality programming in the non-credit arena and areas of responsibility.
- Maintains the Lumens Enrollment System, attends training to be current in the system, and provides training to all KCKCC staff who uses Lumens.
- Compiles the Continuing Education Schedule for publication for fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Oversees the National Youth Sports Program (NYSP) each summer and all other youth programming.
- Oversees the Drivers’ Safety programs including the motorcycle program, drivers’ education, and all other driving-related courses.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Continuing Education and Community Services.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Supervises contracted personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with the students, faculty, staff, and general public.
- Must have a thorough understanding of program planning.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines with the ability to organize projects while maintaining composure and operating in an environment of fast-paced changes, deadlines, and other pressures.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must enforce policies and procedures as established by supervisor and KCKCC.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
SALARY: $ 33,124.33/per year, plus fringe benefits
(If a current KCKCC employee is selected for this position, consideration will be given to his/her current salary.)
APPLY BY: September 9, 2013 (by end of business – 5:00 p.m.)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working with program planning, preferably in higher education or business.
- Two years of experience working in higher education preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications