Part-time Campus Police Officers
|Title:||Part-time Campus Police Officers |
|Division:||Chief Financial Officer|
PART-TIME CAMPUS POLICE OFFICERS (5 Positions)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Campus Police, the Part-Time Campus Police Officers shall be responsible for
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Maintaining the preservation of peace, the prevention of crime, and protecting the health, life, and physical property of the College campus.
- Detecting and processing traffic and parking violations according to the College regulations.
- Enforcing all federal laws, state statutes, local ordinances, and College regulations concerning the safety of College personnel and individuals from the community who utilize the College facilities.
- Submitting daily activity logs to the Chief of Campus Police or his/her Designee.
- Attending classes, training sessions, and workshops to maintain current knowledge of law enforcement.
- Keeping current on changes in his/her area of responsibility.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Chief of Campus Police.
- Supervising students who work in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Applicant must be able to successfully pass a psychological, physical, and drug test prior to being offered a position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications needed to obtain a Law Enforcement certification or currently be Kansas State certified.
- Knowledge of basic Law Enforcement concepts to ensure the safety and security of the College campus and the ability to abide by and carry out a code of ethics as established by the department and College administration.
- Ability to respond to unexpected situations that may occur on the College campus.
- Ability to serve individuals with various ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds in a courteous manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer, note taking, and typing skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding Law Enforcement and College information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to exert up to 20 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to present information to students and respond as needed required. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands simultaneously and to interact with the public and other staff.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required with attendance at Law Enforcement conferences, workshops and/or seminars preferred. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement is preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience performing law enforcement/security duties, preferably in an educational setting, is preferred.
- Hearing ability sufficient to hear alarms, phones and other pertinent information necessary to perform law enforcement functions.
- Physical ability sufficient to perform all necessary law enforcement functions, including patrolling the hallways and other areas of campus that cannot be covered by vehicular patrol.
$12.96 per hr. (non-certified) - $15.78 per hour (certified)
Open until filled
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION, WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.