Activity Director for Kids on Campus
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
The Activity Director will oversee all the activities for the Kids on Campus program. This includes a variety of sports, math, science, drug and alcohol counseling. He/She will oversee and supervise the program along with the staff for the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall have responsibility of staff and camp participants in the Kansas City Kansas Community College Kids on Campus program at all times, including arrival and departure, and displaying leadership in all phases of the program.
- Supervise staff in all activities and programming.
- Assist the professional instructors on site with their activities.
- Oversee the food program and see that the meal count is accurate daily.
- Conduct staff orientation the week before the camp begins and conduct staff meetings each day following departure of participants.
- Conduct participant orientation.
- Report promptly to the coordinator any difficult situations or discipline problems with participants.
- Organize the special events/and or field trips.
- Take safety precautions at all times. Report all accidents to the Medical Coordinator.
- Maintain an attitude conducive to constructive interaction to all staff and participants.
- Build team unity, spirit, identity, organization and loyalty with the Kids on Campus staff.
- Wear Kids on Campus staff shirt daily or appropriate sportswear, remembering that dress reflects upon the image of the program.
- Promote NYSP in the community.
- Be responsible for the equipment and water distribution daily.
- Drive college vehicle with participants to off-campus activity if needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to supervise a variety of sports and oversee the classroom activities.
- Ability to work well with youth and supervise adults.
- Ability to motivate and maintain discipline in a positive manner with youth.
- Must possess high energy level and be creative and enthusiastic.
- Must be flexible and cooperative.
- Must be prompt and reliable and able to follow directions.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ Degree in Education, Physical Education, Math, Science or a related field
- Two years of experience working with youth.
- Training in CPR or First Aid is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
FLSA: Non- Exempt
SALARY: $7000 per Contract for May 22 - July 30 2017
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.