KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages applications from minorities.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of the Print Shop, the graphic designer will:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design art layouts for all forms of printed materials.
- Operate MacIntosh and/or IBM PC and compatible computers.
- Select/recommend photographs or other illustrations and determine quality and printability for purpose intended.
- Crop and scale photographs for reproduction.
- Present new ideas for illustrations and designs of college publications.
- Design materials for color, black and white, duotone, etc., reproduction.
- Assist Print shop when needed with bindery, folding and packaging completed jobs.
- Prepare weekly graphics reports.
- Consult client concerning appropriate requested projects.
- Consult printer with page layouts, prints, etc.
- Design within the standard guidelines of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of the Print Shop.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Design/Commercial Art.
- Minimum of two years experience in layout and design; imagesetting/typesetting, page layout, typography, and photography with special emphasis on layout and design of catalogs, brochures, booklets, folders, etc.
- Must possess a creative ability equal to talents in mechanics of graphic arts.
- Must posses knowledge of MacIntosh and/or IBM PC or compatible computers with an emphasis in QuarkExpress, InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop.
- Must be able to work and plan ahead of schedule; work under the pressure of deadlines without loss of quality; and work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must display the ability to work well with individuals of various backgrounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Typing and general filing.
- Ability to perform basic graphic layouts (forms, brochures, etc.), required.
- Knowledge of typesetting/imagesetting equipment or equivalent, required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree required.
- Two years’ experience required.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time to operate computer, copier and duplicating machines.
- Must be able to use hands to reach or grasp objects.
$34,000 - $37,00 annually ($16.35 - $17.79 per hour)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION, WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.