Adjunct Faculty – Welding Technology
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages application from minorities
The Technical Education Center (TEC) is seeking an Adjunct Welding Technology Instructor to teach in their evening Post-secondary Program. The TEC Welding Technology Program is an AWS SENSE participating program, and offers Entry Level Welder Certifications and various welder Qualifications. The position will consist of teaching Welding, Cutting, Safety, and Blueprint Reading. Applicant must have knowledge in these areas.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Teach courses in all major welding and cutting processes as well as safety and blueprint reading.
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment as needed.
- Plan lessons and activities that will enable students to master skills and complete course objectives.
- Work with other faculty to ensure quality environment for students.
- Maintain student records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Follow appropriate safety practices as they pertain to welding industry.
- Participate in professional development to continually improve personal skills and the Welding Technology Program.
- Assist with welding community outreach and Advisory Committee recruitment and support.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Welding Instructor and Dean of Technical Education Center
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Welding and Fabrication.
- Knowledge of SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, OFC, PAC, CAC-A, Oxy-Fuel welding/brazing, and/or casting repair processes.
- Knowledge of transformer and inverter type welding power sources.
- Ability to troubleshoot welding equipment for various processes.
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Educator and/or Certified Welding Inspector or ability to obtain those certifications preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, other candidates will be considered.
- OSHA outreach Trainer card a plus
- Education or training experience a plus.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
$742 per credit hour
APPLY BY: Open until filled
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION, WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
PLEASE PROVIDE COPIES OF ANY CERTIFICATIONS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.