Substitute Instructor – Culinary Arts
KCKCC Technical Education Center
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages applications from minorities.
The KCKCC Technical Education Center is seeking substitute faculty who are creative, open to change, have a passion for learning, and are willing to promote the mission of the College.
- Teach various courses and labs in the Culinary Arts program.
- Prepare students for a job in the food industry.
- Travel with students to various places for educational and competitive activities.
- Assess students in the lab and classroom setting.
- Demonstrate various cooking methods to the students.
- Adhere to high standards of student products in the lab and classroom.
- Attend meetings necessary to the college and department.
- Prepare and complete any required paperwork necessary to teaching and the college.
- Organize and execute catering events utilizing students in the program.
- Other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
No direct administrative supervision but occasional task assignment/monitoring for a lab assistant, student classroom assistant, work-study helper, or student intern.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive college vehicles.
- Ability to follow and execute recipes adhering to strict industry standards.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a variety of students and prepare them for a career in the industry.
- Knowledge of use and care of commercial kitchen equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management or other food industry related degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years industry-related experience which can be at an educational setting
- ServSafe certified. If not certified, must obtain the certificate within 90 days of employment
- 1-2 years teaching/training experience preferred
$44.25 per hour
Open until filled
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC FACULTY APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU