Adjunct Faculty- Electrical Technology
|Title:||Adjunct Faculty- Electrical Technology|
|Department:||Technical Education Center|
|Division:||Vice President of Academic Affairs|
|Location:||Technical Education Center|
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY
KCKCC TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTER
Kansas City Kansas Community College is searching for an evening Adjunct faculty for the Spring 2017 Semester who is creative, open to change, have a passion for learning, and is willing to promote the mission of the College.
The Technical Education Center is seeking an Adjunct Instructor to teach Electrical Technology for the Spring 2017 Semester at the Technical Education Center.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes objectives and plans learning experiences
- Provides instruction that is realistic in terms of current and future job specifications.
- Works with the advisory committee and actively participates in Business and Industry.
- Provides related instruction with shop, laboratory, or other occupational experience that is appropriate to the career objectives of the student
- Exhibits positive human relations skills.
- Maintains and submits records and reports.
- Maintains an environment which is conducive to learning with particular attention to safety practices, good housekeeping and student behavior
- Implement activities using a variety of techniques that utilize instructional time to meet objectives.
- Develops career related instructional materials relative to technological changes in business and industry.
- Other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
- Must be a Journeyman Electrician. The Journeyman Electrician Certification must be from an accredited institution i.e. - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers or The United States Department of Labor or Passing the Prometric Exam with documented third party hands-on experience.
- A minimum of 5 years (10,000 clock hours) industry-related experience in AC & DC Motor Theory, Troubleshooting, Reading Electrical Diagrams (Schematics and Wiring), Conduit Bending, Motor Controls (3 Phase), Residential Wiring of 3-Way and 4 Way Switches, Circuit Breaker Panels (100 amp and above), Transformers, Layout of circuits, Motor & Power Control Centers and knowledge on the Current National Electrical Code required.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive college vehicles.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a variety of students and prepare them for a career in the industry.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 1-2 years teaching/training experience.
$742 per credit hour
Open until filled
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC STAFF APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications