Lab Assistant- PT Automotive Technology
|Title:||Lab Assistant- PT Automotive Technology |
|Department:||Technical Education Center|
|Division:||Technical Eduaction Center|
|Location:||Technical Education Center|
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we encourage applications from minorities
PART-TIME LAB ASSISTANT – AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Reporting directly to the Automotive Technology Coordinator, the Assistant shall work with and assist the Automotive Technology Instructors in the following areas:
- Provide technical guidance in the performance of specific tasks in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Observe and document student performance of tasks assigned by automotive instructors.
- Ensure safety practices are followed by students.
- Follow required pollution prevention procedures in the handling of chemicals and waste products.
- Maintain records of repair orders for proper accountability of parts and materials.
- Maintain control of college owned specialty tools for use by students.
- Enforce all rules and regulations, per the college’s guidelines and other enforcement agencies that govern student practices of KCKCC.
- Assist in the responsibility of the transportation of students during field trips per the College’s policies and guidelines.
- Travel with students to off campus activities.
- Must possess own automotive tools sufficient to accomplish the duties of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the respective instructor.
- Work schedule will be part-time, 29 or less hours per week.
May consult with Automotive Technology faculty and students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must know and be able to teach proper and correct techniques in vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of various backgrounds and abilities.
- Must understand the philosophy of the urban, open-door community college.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, viewing computer monitors for prolonged periods of time and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
POSITION TYPE: Part-time (29 Hours per week minimum)
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $22.06
- Must have 1-4 years experience as an automotive technician performing the varied duties in an automotive shop environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification is preferred.
: Open until filled
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION