ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – ENGLISH FOR SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (ESOL)
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and encourages applications from minorities.
Kansas City Kansas Community College is currently searching for Adjunct faculty for the Fall 2016 Semester
who are creative, open to change, have a passion for learning, and are willing to promote the mission of the College.
Positions may be for day and/or evening meeting patterns on the Main Campus, as needed.
NOTE: This position requires a degree; please attach a copy of transcripts and/or degree certificates to your application. Other attachments such as a cover letter or resume can also be uploaded and attached to the application.
- Master's degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with disabilities.
- Interest and demonstrated experience in multiple language skill areas, and multiple levels of English language proficiency.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, etc.)
- Familiarity with the use of technology in teaching and learning preferred.
- Experience learning a second language and/or fluency in a second language preferred.
- Experience teaching ESL in an adult/higher education environment strongly preferred.
- Hold all class sessions according to schedule.
- Organize and explain materials in ways appropriate to students with differing abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experience.
- Use teaching methods that emphasize application, cooperation and collaboration and engage students actively in their studies, encouraging them to become independent learners with higher-order thinking skills.
- Assign and provide feedback for in- and out-of-class work; monitor student progress.
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of one's own pedagogy
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
$742.00 per credit hour
Open until filled, (Filling this position is contingent on level of enrollment)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION, WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU
UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.