PT Library Clerk
|Title:||PT Library Clerk|
PART-TIME LIBRARY CIRCULATION CLERK
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reporting directly to the Public Services Librarian, the P/T Library Circulation Clerk shall be responsible for:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Index The Morgue database
- Perform data input functions related to maintaining The Morgue
- Perform all activities relating to the circulation of library materials and maintenance of the circulation desk.
- Check in/out and shelving of books, magazines, reserves and audio-visuals.
- Answer telephone inquiries.
- Assist patrons with directional/informational questions, with photocopy and microform equipment requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Health or science background knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend scientific material that is indexed for The Morgue, required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well with individuals of various backgrounds and abilities.
- Good communication skills required, both oral and written.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Must have an appreciation for the urban, open-door comprehensive community college philosophy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
SALARY: $11.13/per hour (29 hours per week)
(If a current KCKCC employee is selected for this position, consideration will be given to his/her current salary.)
- Bachelor’s degree from college required or 4 years of community college library experience in lieu of degree.
- 1 year academic library experience preferred.
: Tuesday 3:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Wednesday 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Thursday 3:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Summer hours to be determined at a later date.
APPLY BY: Thursday, August 22, 2013 (5:00 p.m. – close of business)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications