KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and encourages applications from minorities
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of Network Operations, the Network Engineer will be responsible for:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the goals and objectives of Information Services: plan; install; maintain; and, tune domain controlled servers which run Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 operating systems
- TCP/IP management of IP address through DHCP server
- Upgrade and or maintain network hardware
- Communicate and relay system changes and specifications to IS Professionals
- Manage the College’s Exchange email and Anitvirus system
- Manage the College’s virtual server and desktop infrastructure
- Support the wireless infrastructure on College campuses
- Assist Information Services personnel with workstation networking issues
- Monitor the attainment of service level objectives: capture; document; report network changes, availability and performance
- Assist in obtaining and preparing data for decision-making, system planning, and evaluation
- Ensure efficient network implementation and performance: create simulation and modeling techniques
- Serve as a technical resource for Information Services personnel: provide guidance and expertise
- Assist in providing technology training and help to students, faculty and staff members.
- Participate in the selection, installation, and maintenance of all hardware, system software, and network related components
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Network Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with all constituents
- Quality customer service skills such as discretion, patience, etiquette and professionalism
- Network infrastructure design
- Windows network user management
- Experience with Microsoft multi Domain network servers is highly desired
- Working knowledge of MS Active Directory 2003/2008 users and group policies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet-working hardware and software
- MS SQL and Exchange knowledge is highly preferred
- Experience with virtualized server environments
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and routing protocols is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
- Bachelors Degree in computer systems preferred and/or Microsoft certifications such as MCSA or MCSE with extensive field experience (NOTE: A copy of the original certificate is required as proof. MCSE Certification must be obtained within 18 months of employment at the college)
- Minimum of three year’s experience in computer operations, data networking, systems programming, or the equivalent in training and experience
- At least one year of the required experience must have involved installation, maintenance, and tuning of data communications system components
$52,500.00/per year, plus fringe benefits
(If a current KCKCC employee is selected for this position, consideration will be given to his/her current salary).
February 27, 2017
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.