Medical Office Assistant for Kids on Campus
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reports directly to the Medical Coordinator. The Kids on Campus Medical Office assistant will assist the Medical coordinator with the medical needs of the Kansas City Kansas Community College Kids on Campus participants.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall assist the Medical Coordinator in attending to the medical needs during Kids on Campus.
- Shall assist in medical record keeping and transportation of participants from group area to Medical Coordinator for medical care.
- Translate for Spanish speaking participants as needed.
- Help oversee the special diet needs of participants.
- Attend orientation and staff meetings.
- Assist the Medical coordinator with participant orientation.
- Report promptly to the Medical Coordinator any difficult situations which may arise with Spanish speaking participants.
- Assist with the implementation and supervision of special events/and or field trips.
- Take safety precautions at all times. Report all accidents to the Medical Coordinator.
- Maintain an attitude conducive to constructive group interaction among all participants.
- Build team unity, spirit, identity, organization, and loyalty.
- Wear Kids on Campus staff shirt daily or appropriate sportswear, remembering that dress reflects upon the image of the program and sets an example for participants.
- Act as a public relations person whenever the occasion arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Be able to communicate with participants and their parents in Spanish.
- Ability to work well with youth.
- Ability to motivate and maintain discipline in a positive manner with youth.
- Must possess high energy level and be creative and enthusiastic.
- Must be flexible and cooperative.
- Must be prompt and reliable and able to follow directions.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must have experience working with youth.
- Training in CPR or First Aid is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear motor vehicle record.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College courses in physical education, recreation or education is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
FLSA: Non- Exempt
SALARY: $10.00 per hour - Contract for May 31- July 28 2017
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.