LAB ASSISTANT – ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we
encourage applications from minorities
Reporting directly to the Electrical Technology Coordinator, the Assistant shall work with and assist the Electrical Technology Instructors in the following areas:
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Observe and document student performance of tasks assigned by instructors.
- Ensure safety practices are followed by students.
- Follow required pollution prevention procedures in the handling of chemicals and waste products.
- Maintain records of repair orders for proper accountability of parts and materials.
- Maintain control of college owned specialty tools for use by students.
- Enforce all rules and regulations, per the college’s guidelines and other enforcement agencies that govern student practices of KCKCC.
- Assist in the responsibilities of transportation of students during field trips per the College’s policies and guidelines.
- Travel with students to off campus activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the respective instructor.
- Work schedule will be part-time, 29 or less hours per week.
May consult with Electrical Technology faculty and students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician with a background of utilizing the National Electric Code for electrical circuits and electrical circuit construction.
- Candidate must have completed at least 2,000 hours of on-the-job training as an electrical apprentice performing a variety of electrical diagnosis and installations.
- Applicant should have experience working with single-phase and 3-phase electricity.
- Applicants should be thoroughly familiar with the electron theory, Ohm's Law, series circuits, parallel circuits, and series and parallel circuits.
- Applicant should have experience in the use of electrical test equipment and understanding AC/DC circuits and equipment.
- Applicant should have experience in motor theory, transformers and PLC familiarization is required.
- Applicant should be able to troubleshoot electrical circuits, read and draw electrical schematics.
- Applicant should be able to bend and teach conduit bending on various sizes of conduit from 1/2" to 1" in size.
- Applicant must have experience in residential, commercial and industrial wiring and troubleshooting.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of various backgrounds and abilities.
- Must understand the philosophy of the urban, open-door community college.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$22.06 per hour
: Open until filled