Lab Assistant- Multimedia & Video Production Program
|Title:||Lab Assistant- Multimedia & Video Production Program |
|Department:||Technical Education Center|
|Division:||Technical Education Center|
|Location:||Technical Education Center|
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we encourage applications from minorities.
LAB ASSISTANT – MULTIMEDIA AND VIDEO PRODUCTION PROGRAM
The KCKCC Technical Education Center is seeking a part-time lab assistant in the Multimedia and Video Production program. The Assistant shall work with and assist the Multimedia and video Production instructor in the following areas:
- Provide technical guidance in the performance of specific tasks.
- Observe and document student performance of tasks assigned by instructor.
- Ensure safety practices are followed by students.
- Follow required pollution prevention procedures in the handling of chemicals and waste products.
- Maintain records of the orders for proper accountability of materials.
- Maintain control of college owned specialty tools for use by students.
- Enforce all rules and regulations, per the college’s guidelines and other enforcement agencies that govern student practices of KCKCC.
- Assist in the responsibilities of the transportation of students during field trips per the College’s policies and guidelines.
- Travel with students to off campus activities.
- Must Assist with organizing all aspects of Multimedia and Video Production projects, include good customer relationships, ordering and budgeting of materials, meeting deadlines and producing quality work
- Give demonstrations on various cameras, computers, audio and video equipment.
- Proctor testing
- Perform other duties as assigned by the instructor.
- Configure software on student machines
- Configure student folders and manage the backup drive
- Assist students in vocabulary/reading/locating study materials
- Assist in assessing industry trends for equipment and software
- Assist the instructor in lab demonstrations
- Troubleshoot workstation issues/submit help tickets
- Work schedule will be part-time, 29 or less hours per week. (Specific hours to be agreed upon with consultation with MMVP instructor.)
- Reduce reliance on substitutes.
May consult with Multimedia and Video Production faculty and students
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must know and be able to teach proper and correct techniques in Multimedia and Video Production technology.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of various backgrounds and abilities.
- Must understand the philosophy of the urban, open-door community college.
- Applicant must have basic knowledge on repairs to computers and cameras.
- Familiar with Mac and PC platforms.
- Have general knowledge of HTML, Videography, Photography, Animation, Adobe Software, Acquiring digital media
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, viewing computer monitors for prolonged periods of time and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
POSITION TYPE: Part-time (29 Hours per week maximum)
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $22.06 per hour
- Must have 3-5 years experience performing the varied duties of the MMVP/VP industries.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
: Open until filled
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.