Team Leader for Kids on Campus
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reports directly to the Assistant Activity Director. The Team Leader is directly responsible for his/her group in the Kansas City Kansas Community College Kids on Campus program. He/She will supervise his/her group at all times during the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall have ultimate responsibility of all group members and staff in the Kids on Campus program at all times, including arrival and departure, and displaying leadership in all phases of the program.
- Supervise team in all activities and movement from one activity site to the other.
- Assist the professional instructor on site with their activities. For example, helping the swimming instructor demonstrate strokes. (Team Leaders must get in the pool with participants.)
- Supervise team during meals.
- Keep accurate daily attendance records of all team members and submit daily reports to Assistant Activity Director immediately each morning before starting activities
- Attend all orientation and staff meetings.
- Help with participant orientation.
- Report promptly to the Assistant Activity Director any difficult situations which may arise with participants. (Team Leaders are to handle minimal discipline problems and refer only more serious problems to the Assistant Activity Director.
- Assist with the implementation and supervision of special events/and or field trips.
- Take safety precautions at all times. Report all accidents to the Medical Coordinator.
- Maintain an attitude conducive to constructive group interaction among all participants.
- Build team unity, spirit, identity, organization and loyalty.
- Wear Kids on Campus staff shirt daily or appropriate sportswear, remembering that dress reflects upon the image of the program and sets an example for participants.
- Promote Kids on Campus in the community.
- Be responsible for the equipment and water distribution and collection each day.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to play a variety of sports.
- Ability to work well with youth.
- Ability to motivate and maintain discipline in a positive manner with youth.
- Must possess high energy level and be creative and enthusiastic.
- Must be flexible and cooperative.
- Must be prompt and reliable and able to follow directions.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience working with youth.
- Training in CPR or First Aid is desirable.
- College coursework in Education, Physical Education, Math, Science or a related field
- Bachelors’ Degree is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
FLSA: Non- Exempt
SALARY: $10.00 per hour - Contract for May 31 - July 28 2017
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.