Assistant Athletic Trainer
|Title:||Assistant Athletic Trainer|
|Division:||Student & Administrative Services|
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will report to the Director of Athletics and work under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer in providing Sports Medicine/Athletic Training services to approximately one hundred sixty student athletes in eleven intercollegiate sports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing emergency care to injured student athletes.
- Evaluating, managing, and treating all athletic related injuries to student athletes.
- Designing, implementing, and supervising rehabilitation programs for injured student athletes.
- Documenting injuries and illnesses and making appropriate medical referrals.
- Providing athletic training coverage for games (home and away) and practices of the assigned sports.
- Administering preventive measures to reduce athletic related injuries (i.e. taping, wrapping, bracing and pre-habilitation techniques).
- Assisting in the supervision and education of student athletic trainers.
- Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in the recruitment and development of student athletic trainers.
- Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in coordinating and developing educational activities for athletic department staff, Athletic Training Students and KCKCC student athletes.
- Assist Athletic Training Department is organizing, scheduling and administering Pre-Participation Examinations on all student-athletes.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer in administering Athletic Department Drug Testing Policy.
- Coordinate student-athlete insurance claims.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Physical ability sufficient to lift up to 80 lbs.
Ability to stand on feet for up to 3 hours at a time.
Ability to demonstrate functional exercises to injured student-athletes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Additional tasks assigned by the Director of Athletics and the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Current National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) certification required.
- Current CPR/First Aid and AED certification or the ability to acquire within 30 days of employment.
- Current license by the Kansas Board of Healing Arts, or the ability to be licensed within 30 days of employment.
- Manual therapy skills (i.e. Instrumented Soft Tissue Mobilization, Active Release Technique (ART), Neuromobilizations) or the willingness to learn such techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with functional exercise and orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Injury Tacking Software (i.e. HealtheAthlete, or SportsWare), and ImPact Concussion Management Software.
- Basic office management skills that include; use of fax machine, scanner, and photocopier.
- Ability to interact well with people from all backgrounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate good organizational skills (i.e., record keeping, filing, inventory management).
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
SALARY: $35,792.60/year, plus fringe benefits
(If a current KCKCC employee is selected for this position, consideration will be given to his/her current salary.)
APPLY BY: April 10, 2014 (5:00 p.m. – close of business)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of sports.
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC).
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications