Part-Time Food Prep Assistant- Cafeteria
|Title:||Part-Time Food Prep Assistant- Cafeteria|
|Division:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Location:||Technical Education Center|
PART-TIME FOOD PREP ASSISTANT - CAFETERIA
Technical Education Center
Reporting directly to the Dean of Operations - Technical Education Center, the PT Food Prep Assistant shall work with and assist the Dean in the following areas:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages applications from minorities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Assist with preparation of daily breakfasts and lunches
- Supervise automatic washing machine
- Assist with preparation of special occasion meals
- Practice Serve Safe standards at all times
- Dress professionally at all times
- Maintain a high level of kitchen safety and sanitation
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Operations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge in bakery, meat and vegetable cookery, breakfast and desserts
- Knowledge of sanitation and current health concerns
- Ability to operate Automatic Ware washing machines
- Good communications skills and ability to relate professionally to other workers and students
- Basic math skills including measurements and recipe conversions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
- High school diploma
- One year experience with institutional food production preferred
- Serv-Safe or Food Handlers Card preferred
SALARY: $11.26 per hour
(If a current KCKCC employee is selected for this position, consideration will be given to his/her current salary.)
APPLY BY: Open until filled
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
- Ability to stand for 6 hours continuously
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job related duties through their hiring department. Specific job related duties assigned by hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.