Sports Director for Kids on Campus
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from minorities.
Reports directly to Activity Director and Assistant Activity Director. The Sports Director is directly responsible for the scheduling of all sports and the learning outcomes of the program for Kansas City Kansas Community College Kids on Campus program. He/She will supervise his/her the sports professionals to see that the program covers all aspects of sports. They will learn the sport, how to prevent injuries, and some classroom activities with the background of the sports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall have ultimate responsibility of all sports professionals while instructing various sports and activities.
- Supervise sports professional’s activities.
- Attend orientation and staff meetings.
- Attend and participate with participant orientation.
- Report promptly to the Assistant Activity Director any difficult situations which may arise with participants. (Team Leaders are to handle minimal discipline problems and refer more serious problems to the Assistant Activity Director.)
- Assist with the implementation and supervision of special events/and or field trips.
- Take safety precautions at all times. Report all accidents to the Medical Coordinator.
- Maintain an attitude conducive to constructive group interaction among all participants.
- Build team unity, spirit, identity, organization, and loyalty.
- Wear Kids on Campus staff shirt daily or appropriate sportswear, remembering that dress reflects upon the image of the program and sets an example for participants.
- Promote Kids on Campus in the community.
- Be responsible for the equipment and water distribution and collection each day.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to play a variety of sports.
- Ability to work well with youth.
- Ability to motivate and maintain discipline in a positive manner with youth.
- Must possess high energy level and be creative and enthusiastic.
- Must be flexible and cooperative.
- Must be prompt and reliable and able to follow directions.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Sports Management, Athletics, Physical Education or related field
- Two years of experience working with youth.
- Training in CPR or First Aid is desirable.
- College coursework in Education, Physical Education, Athletic Training or a related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
FLSA: Non- Exempt
SALARY: $5500.00 per Contract for May 15 - July 30 2017
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.