Adjunct Instructor – HEATING AND REFRIGERATION
KCKCC TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTER
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages applications from minorities.
The Technical Education Center is seeking an Adjunct Instructor to teach evening section(s) of Heating and Refrigeration for the Spring 2017 Semester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides instruction that is realistic in terms of current and future job specifications.
- Works with the advisory committee and actively participates in Business and Industry.
- Provides related instruction with shop, laboratory, or other occupational experience that is appropriate to the career objectives of the student
- Exhibits positive human relations skills.
- Maintains and submits records and reports.
- Maintains an environment which is conducive to learning with particular attention to safety practices, good housekeeping and student behavior
- Implement activities using a variety of techniques that utilize instructional time to meet objectives.
- Develops career related instructional materials relative to technological changes in business and industry.
- Other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
- A minimum of 5 years industry-related experience in AC & DC Motor Theory, Troubleshooting, Reading Electrical Diagrams (Schematics and Wiring), Motor Controls ( 1 & 3 Phase), Residential Wiring , Transformers, Layout of circuits, Motor & Power Control Centers and knowledge on the Current National Electrical Code required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive college vehicles.
- Ability to work with a variety of students and prepare them for a career in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Heating and Refrigeration preferred
- Five years of directly applicable experience in Heating and Refrigeration required
- Teaching experience is preferred.
$742 per credit hour
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC FACULTY APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU